Stop Payment


Q:  What if a check I wrote got lost in the mail?

A.  We will stop payment on your check for a nominal fee.  You need to contact your local Kaw Valley State Bank branch either in person or via telephone with the check number, to whom it was written, and the dollar amount.  If you call in, you must come by and sign the stop payment form within 14 days.

Q:  I switched insurance companies and another payment was debited from my account.  What do I do?

A.  You must file a SIGNED revocation form at your local Kaw Valley State Bank within 60 days of the transaction posting to your account.  A nominal fee will be automatically deducted from your account.

Q:  What should I do if I used my debit card to make a purchase and I want my money back?

A.  Whether your purchase was made at the store, over the phone, or online, we must file a dispute with the company.  A fee will be assessed from your account.  The funds for the purchase will not be credited back until the dispute is approved by the company.

Q:  I lost my wallet.  What do I do about the remaining checks in my checkbook?

A.  We can put an internal watch on your Kaw Valley State Bank account to monitor your account until the missing items are recovered.  If fraud or theft is suspected, please contact us immediately to safe guard your identity and accounts.